You can go through your contact list to try to locate someone in the career field in which you have an interest, even though it may not be the specific area of your interest. If you find someone, contact them to discuss your desire to locate an individual who works in your specific area of interest.
Next, find a way to get introduced to your target mentor. Then express you desire to learn more about that field and ask if they will agree to provide you with the information you desire.
That can work, however, in my view it is time consuming and can be a scary process which may not lead to the results you want.
A BETTER APPROACH
The next option is to use the tools of today to find a career mentor online. There are several sites that are targeted to specific career fields like computer programing. However, the fields that are covered usually are a limited number. Then you can grasp what is a career mentor.
Here at Career Redo, we provide a large number of career fields which may just be the one for which you are seeking more information. The great news is that you can review their background and experience right here to find the one that meets your needs.
Just follow these easy steps:
- Go to our home page to see the Career Categories / Fields that are currently available. We are constantly adding new ones to our list.
- Click on the Career Category you want and it leads you to a list of mentors for that category / field.
- Select the mentor by name to go to the mentor’s photo and short description of their experience.
- Select the mentor’s photo or name to go to their specific page that provides more detail on their background, experience, and how they can help you learn more about your desired field.
- Click on the green “Reserve A Mentor” button to be taken to a short form.
- Fill out the form and send it in. Your mentor will contact you by email to set up a phone or Zoom visit with you.
- Your mentor does charge a fee for the session which allows you to obtain your desired information easily and timely. [You will most likely agree that it could be well worth a small cost to gain the insight that you must have to move forward.]