Two Key Ideas For
Self Employed Jobs
Our ideas for self employed jobs will help you achieve success quicker, whether they are jobs from home, ideas for other venues or lists of steps for success. Investigate home careers or other self employment ideas. Learn, grow, and succeed.
This site contains affiliate links from which I may receive a small
commission for purchases made through the links. Read more in the footer.
You may have seen the top 10 list of ideas on how to start a business or the best approaches to attain self employed jobs from home or elsewhere. Well, I am going to give you just two (2) ideas that I feel are the most critical for you to become successful as a self employed business person.
And I am going to tell you right up front:
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Find out how others have been successful. Replicate it.
- Try it out.
Yes, I mean go in and do the work, if possible. If not, then talk to
the owner that you want to emulate. Even if it is a one person shop,
talk to her/him about their success. They will be willing to share,
even mentor you. Spend time understanding the good, the bad and the ugly of that business. Then you will know what you are getting into.
Great! Now that you know the answers, let’s talk more about them and
what goes with them to see how it all fits together to determine how to become self employed.
Steps For Self Employed Jobs
Typically, there are several steps that should take place in your full evaluation of becoming self employed.
- Don’t be fearful. Sure, you can be anxious about the process, but the key is to overcome any doubts that you may have. Don’t let them stop you.
- Find something you are passionate about. Since you are going to be spending a good deal of time (and perhaps money) involved with your business, be sure that you enjoy and even look forward to it. Search for resources like entrepreneur.com that can help you find what is best for you.
- Look for businesses that stand the test of time. You can only go so far selling a ‘pet rock” or another fad. You can reduce your risk by choosing an area that has been around for a while and has staying power.
- Double check the investment required. Your goal is to ensure
that you can fund your business to the point where you are generating
self-sustaining income. Being lean and mean is the course to take.
This is an important consideration in the ideas for self employment.
- Understand the competition. In any area that you chose to place
yourself, you should always evaluate the competition. Learn how they
make their sales, how they provide their product or service, and how
satisfied are their customers, among other things.
- Determine how to be different. You want to differentiate yourself from the competition. So you should decide what you want to offer, how indeed will you be different, and most importantly, how will your customers/clients benefit from your product or services.
- Develop a plan, a true business plan. Don’t spend forever on it and don’t wait, just move on and implement the plan.
- Keep trying and learning. As you initiate your plan, things will happen. Don’t let that stop you. Adjust, learn and move on.
- Failure is OK. Everyone who succeeds has failed many times before. Learn and continue.
Self Employed Jobs Require Action
Jump Off and Take Action
Your Action Item
You can see how our top two critical ideas fit in for self employed jobs. By replicating how others have become self employed, with adjustments for making your product or services uniquely yours, you save time in getting yourself to a break-even point for your business.
Your chances of success greatly improve.
By trying it out, you learn from someone who has been there, done that...a mentor. Actually, I believe that a mentor is the most important element in the determination of whether this business opportunity is right for you.
The mentor will help you gain insight and knowledge more quickly than you could ever have attained on your own. Most people want to share. Especially, they want to share their success. See all of the benefits to having a mentor here.
My guidance for you in your quest for ideas for self employment is to seek out your own mentor. Find something that you are passionate about, then identify how you can be involved with it to build your business. Locate a mentor who is willing to share.
When you do that, you will truly leap-frog your competition.
To help you target your new career, here is a listing of jobs for self employment put together by LinkedIn.
pick your button
Find a mentor for your new career by clicking the Search button below.
If you are ready to schedule your mentor session, just click the Reserve button below
Do you want to serve as a Mentor with us? Why not join our team of Mentors right here at Career Redo? Find out more by clicking on the button below.
Home > Self Employed Jobs