“Want New Careers?
Your Tips For The Best Resumes”
For new careers, you will benefit by using the best resumes structured correctly with the right keywords. Our instant career advice is to let us help you prepare your resume correctly.
This site contains affiliate links from which I may receive a small
commission for purchases made through the links. Read more in the footer.
Most of us have had to change jobs or perhaps change careers in the past. Some of the changes may have been fairly easy, while others may have been doggone hard.
You may have know someone in that new job that could put in a good word for you to at least get an interview. Or you may have had to beat out numerous candidates just to get a phone interview. Or you are still trying.
New Careers - Guide For The Best Resumes
The Best Resumes Are Key To Your Career Change
Photo courtesy of amtec_photos
Whenever you want to change careers, you want to do it right!
As we discussed in our page on career change resume, design and presentation of your resume is very important. Since you want the hiring manager to quickly see that you know and understand the elements of that career.
Some of the important considerations for your resume could be:
- Structure that emphasizes your qualities as they fit the job requirements.
- Provides a re-branding of your abilities and skill sets.
- Utilizes language and jargon, as needed for the new career.
- Leaves out irrelevant information.
But, now, I would like to turn the tables on you. You may have other ideas as to what the best resumes would look like to make a successful change of careers.
- Have you used a resume style that worked and feel others could use to make a career change?
- What elements or techniques do you feel should be included in such a resume, even if you have not used them to change careers?
- Perhaps the resume got you into a unique or funny interview. (Can an interview ever really be funny?) Tell us about it.
- Did you have a good understanding of all of the elements, both good and bad, of the new career?
- Did you talk to someone in that career field before hand to gain more knowledge to see if you would be happy in that field? Would you like to talk to a Mentor now?
- How important were keywords or jargon to you in your resume?
- Do you think it is critical to have your resume for a career change developed by a professional?
- Ok…perhaps you know about a resume that really blew it in meeting its goal. It may be the worst resume to accomplish that change in career. Let’s hear about it as well. We can all learn for it also.
Build Your Resume To Win
Base photo courtesy of Andrew Neel
Most of us understand how critical a resume is to a job or career change, especially a career change. Our readers would really appreciate hearing from you about your experiences or about someone you know.
Feel free to add a photo or two (max 800x600 each) about your new career or showing where it took you.
It is easy to do, just let us know…
Have A Great Tip About The Best Resumes To Change Careers?
Do you have a great story or tip about the best resumes for a career change? Share it with others!
Home > Resume > New Careers