Mentoring FAQ (frequently asked questions) are provided her to assist all who desire more information about becoming a Mentor.
Career Redo is a business that provides access to people who are experienced in various career fields. Anyone that desires to learn about a specific career field can search by career category to locate mentors that have experience in that area. The Clients can arrange a time for a phone, Zoom, Skype or in some cases in-person meetings to get their questions answered.
Our goal is to help those that desire to find the career that is meant for them. Learning the details, including the good and the bad about an area can be a great start to their reaching their objective.
As a Mentor, you can use your experience to provide insight and understanding to help others evaluate the possibility of shifting careers. Aiding others in this way is an outstanding way to develop a feeling of satisfaction and achievement yourself.
Answers On How To a Mentor Right Here
Some of the most common question we are asked about becoming a Mentor are:
MENTORING FAQ - PART 1
1. What are the qualifications to be a Career Redo Mentor?
The characteristics and items we are looking for are the following:
- Desire to share with others your knowledge and experience in your career field. This includes how and why some people succeed and others fail.
- Have at least three (3) years experience in you career field.
- Capable of speaking with your Clients via telephone or videoconference hourly mentoring sessions.
- On-site mentoring session may be possible upon Mentor’s election.
- Willing to agree to Career Redo’s Mentor Terms of Service.
2. What are the reasons to become a Career Redo Mentor?
The primary reasons are:
- To earn additional income.
- To help individuals reach their goal of changing careers for a better life.
- To improve your stature in your chosen career field.
3. What methods are set up to communicate with my Clients?
Three (3) options are available to you and your client.
- Phone - Use any method that is convenient for your client and you.</li>
- Set up a videoconference - Use Zoom, Skype, FaceTime (Apple) or any method you select
- Meetings on-site in-person at a location that you and your client agree upon - Most likely, it could occur at your place of business. You can elect not to have any on-site meetings.
4. How does the process work to get a session scheduled with my Client?
The process works in this manner:
- The Client locates your dedicated page by searching for the career field in which they have an interest. They view your dedicated page to learn more about you, your background and experience.
- The Client clicks the green “Reserve a Mentor” button. This leads to a new page with a form entitled “Mentor Reservation”.
- They fill in the form and pick your name from the drop-down list.
- They send it in to Career Redo.
- Career Redo notifies you by email that you have been selected by a Client.
- Within 72 hours you should contact your Client by email. You will work together to sei upon a date/time for session.
5. Are my email, phone number or Zoom ID, Skype address shared with anyone?
No! Your email will be used by Career Redo to communicate with you regarding a selection by a Client and the set-up of your dedicated Mentor page. You will determine what contact information that you wish to provide your Client.
6. How is the pricing established for my services?
The pricing for your services is determined by you. Career Redo will post on its website the price that you provide. You may change your pricing at any time by notifying Career Redo by email. There is no deduction of a payment processing fee by Career Redo, since your Client pays you directly. Career Redo does charge you a referral fee after your Client has paid you in return for locating, attracting, and referring the Client to you.