Career Redo connects individuals, who are interested in learning more about their desired career field, with people who have actually worked in that field. Our Clients get to ask questions directly to their Mentors during affordable one-hour sessions to gain more detailed knowledge of that field. These can take place over the telephone, videoconference such as Skype ™ or in some cases, in-person.
Career Redo desires to help people in their quest for the career that they love by providing information directly from experienced individuals who want to share their knowledge.
As a Mentor, you will provide insight in many areas of the desired career field of your Client. You may consider this the most valuable time spent in helping others in their quest for a new life.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding what it means to be a Career Redo Mentor. We hope these mentoring FAQ provide the answers you are looking for. If not, please let us know.
MENTORING FAQ - Part 1
1. What are the qualifications to be a Career Redo Mentor?
The characteristics and items we are looking for are the following:
- Desire to share with others your knowledge and experience in your career field. This includes how and why some people succeed and others fail. Have at least three (3) years experience in your career field.
- Capable of speaking with your Clients via telephone or videoconference hourly mentoring sessions. On-site mentoring session may be possible upon Mentor’s election.
- Willing to agree to Career Redo’s Mentor Terms of Service.
2. What are the reasons to become a Career Redo Mentor?
The primary reasons are:
- To earn additional income.
- To help individuals reach their goal of changing careers for a better life.
- To improve your stature in your chosen career field.
3. What methods are set up to communicate with my Clients?
You have three (3) possibilities to communicate with your Client.
- Telephone by way of mobile phone, landline or voice-only Skype.
- Videoconference by way of Skype, FaceTime (for Apple users) or any other method agreed to by the parties.
- On-site in-person meetings at a selection determined by the you and your Client. This could include the your place of business. This would most likely apply to certain applicable situations at your election.
When a Client selects you, Career Redo will notify you by email with the email address of your prospective Client. You contact your Client to arrange an agreeable date/time and method of communication for their session.
4. How does the process work to get a session scheduled with my Client?
The process works in this manner:
- The Client locates your dedicated page by searching for the career field in which they have an interest. They view your dedicated page to learn more about you, your background and experience.
- The Client clicks the green “Reserve a Mentor” button which takes them to a “Mentor Reservation” form on a new page.
- They fill in the form and select you as Mentor by name on the drop down list.
- They send it in to Career Redo.
- Career Redo notifies you by email that you have been selected by a Client.
- You contact the Client within 72 hours to communicate by email on the best date and time for your session.
5. Are my email, phone number or Skype address shared with anyone?
Only your email address is required by Career Redo in order to alert you when you have been selected as a Mentor by your prospective Client. It is up to you to determine what information, such as your telephone number, Skype ID or FaceTime address, that you share with your Client.
6. How is the pricing established for my services?
The pricing for your services is determined by you. Career Redo will post on its website the price that you provide. You may change your pricing at any time by notifying Career Redo by email. There is no deduction of a payment processing fee by Career Redo, since your Client pays you directly. Career Redo does charge you a referral fee after your Client has paid you in return for locating, attracting, and referring the Client to you.