“DISCOVER HOW TO
BECOME A MENTOR WITH CAREER REDO”
Learn how to become a mentor in easy steps while you still work. You help individuals gain knowledge about the career field they desire. You set your own rates and get paid directly by your Clients. Get set up right here.
Become A Mentor Yourself
This site contains affiliate links from which I may receive a small
commission for purchases made through the links. Read more in the footer.
A mentoring definition as set forth in Wikipedia says:
“Mentoring is a process for the informal transmission of knowledge, social capital, and the physchosocial support perceived by the recipient as relevant to work, career, or professional development.”
That tells me that it is about the transfer of knowledge, but also about how the recipient perceives the information. That last part is critical to what we are trying to do here at Career Redo. We want the Client to capture the information she/he wants that you provide.
In order for you to learn how to become a mentor with Career Redo, it is important that you truly want your Client to learn.
HOW TO BECOME A MENTOR - PART I
How are Career Redo Mentors the same as those that people might consider as regular mentors.
- Have sufficient experience in your career field (at least 3 years).
- Have the desire to help others.
- Willing to spend the time working with others to gain a better understanding of your career field.
- Seek to understand your Client’s goals
- Provide a general overview of you career field.
- Will answer questions.
- Work within the available schedule of both parties.
- Be able to help your Client understand the common pitfalls and mistakes of others.
- Guide your Client to an increased knowledge level of the requirements of this career category.
- Mentor and Client are accountable to each other.
HOW TO BECOME A MENTOR - PART II
How are Career Redo Mentors different from those that people might consider as regular mentors.
- The Client is provided to the Mentor though Career Redo.
- Not only will the Mentor provide a general overview of the career field, but be willing to go in the direction that your Client desires. You provide the major boundaries, but can delve into the specifics of your Client’s interest.
- Most likely, the mentorship is a shorter term arrangement from a typical one as most are based on an hourly structure.
- Our Mentors receive compensation directly from their Clients for the information and guidance provided.
- Since Career Redo focuses on career change, its Mentors may be younger or a different gender than the Client.
- Communication will probably be via telephone or Skype ™ rather than face to face.
- Rather that the Mentor being a professional counselor with partial knowledge of the career field, our Career Redo Mentors have spent a significant amount of time working in their field and now are imparting their knowledge to those who want to learn. In many cases, the Mentor is still fully engaged in that career.
How Is It Different Being a Career Redo Mentor
STEPS ON HOW TO BECOME A MENTOR
Your Steps To A New Future Begins Here
We talked about qualifications, now here are the steps for you to discover how to become a mentor here at Career Redo.
- Determine if you meet the experience qualifications… 3 years.
- You agree to the elements above in Part II that identify how Career Redo Mentors are different from other mentors.
- You submit an request to become a Mentor with Career Redo here .
- You provide background information on yourself and your career so that a dedicated page can be developed to attract Clients.
- After sending in your request to be a Mentor and agreement to the Mentor Terms of Service, you will be set up for participation.
- You set your own rate to charge your Clients.
- You invoice your Clients directly.
- You pay Career Redo a referral fee after your Client makes payment to you.
Of course, I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to just send me a note through our contact page. [LINK]
FINAL - HOW TO BECOME A MENTOR
Time For Action
Don’’t wait. Now is the time to begin. Just start by clicking on this button…
Home > Entrepreneurship Tips > Become a Mentor