HOME BASED ENTREPRENEUR
CAN Publish On The Web
Online Business At Home Begins
Let’s say that you have made the decision to publish a website or blog on the net. Just what are some of the things that you need to be aware of to become a success? We have put together a brief list of some of what we consider to be the most important.
- Web Hosting Account - Your site or blog has to reside somewhere so your visitors can access it. It is not on your computer, but on a server with a web address that your visitors can find. The company that handles that for you is your web host.
- A critical element for any online entrepreneur to determine is how many services you want your supplier to provide. Many well know web host provide the site and nothing more. That is fine, if you are willing to find all of the other services that you would want on your own.
- Other web hosts perform many other services that you may want (and need) to set up your site/blog. Many provide a package deal supplying web hosting, site design, newsletters, site data, tools for page building and so forth. You should investigate to find the one that best fits your needs.
- Website or Blog - Wordpress is very popular, but not all inclusive. Costs can add up. If you want to play, then it is a good, inexpensive choice. If you want to build a web business to attract traffic for your product or services, then use it wisely. SiteSell’s SBI (Solo Build It!) is a great tool that includes use of Wordpress, especially for the non-programmers. It can be a great start to be a home based entrepreneur.
[[Sidebar: As a SBI Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.]] SiteSell's SBI (Solo Build It!) is a great tool that includes the use of Wordpress, especially for the non-programmers.
- Be careful not to spend large amounts of money on random programs. It is good to do research on those that are interesting and seem to meet your needs. Learn more about them to determine what the true costs are. Investigate and follow a plan of action to meet your objectives.
- Avoid dishonest methods as you begin your adventure as a home based entrepreneur. Be careful in linking with other sites. Paying for links is not a good approach.
- Stay away from the get rich quick sales approaches. If you are trying to start a business, it does take work. That is what you would expect and that is what you will find. Yet, it can be done. I have done it and many others have done so as well. One hint is to search out a mentor, one who can guide you through the process.
- Use your passion to help you decide the subject matter for your sites. Stay with that which you love, since you will be spending so much time with it. You want to project that passion to your clients and customers, and they will absorb your passion as well.
- Research your topic and develop a business plan. - A business plan is essential to get you on the right track.
- Follow a step by step plan. - This says it all.
- Work hard and be persistent. - Ditto.
There are many opportunities home based entrepreneurs have that don’t involve the internet. But in today’s world, just about any idea can be promoted by using the web. If you know just how to do it, then you place yourself in a good position.