THE BEST WAY TO FIND A CAREER MENTOR
Waiting For You
Considering all of the information found above, the first step that I would suggest is for you to strongly evaluate your interests and specific skills. Understand who you are and what you know.
Use that as a basis to determine the subject matter or career field that is based on something you enjoy or are even passionate about. Then you can start the process of learning more about the field and investigate whether it is the right fit for you.
Once you recognize those fields that seem attractive to you, it is time to look for a potential mentor. It could be beneficial to identify someone who has had a career path that is one that you may want to follow. That is yet to be truly determined.
The right mentor could be someone who could be one of the role models that you would want to locate. Understanding all about the good and the bad of your desired area of interest is key. From that your mentor may be able to help develop your career goals as you become involved in your dream career.
The next steps are as follows:
- Look through our list of mentors and their career categories to find the fields in which you are interested.
- Research each of the mentors that are experienced in those career categories by reading their background and experience on their page.
- Find a career mentor for you and pick out the one you wish to talk with. Fill out the “Reserve A Mentor” form and select that mentor.
- Once you submit your reservation, the mentor you selected will email you to set up a date and time for your mentoring session.
- The mentor will arrange a phone call to begin the first meeting to help you learn more about your desired career field.
This is a great way to gain insight and information quickly and accurately.
Your mentoring relationship is a great way to move you toward your goal. Your mentor can act as a sounding board for your thoughts. Great mentors most likely have a professional network that you might be able to get access to as your professional relationship develops with your mentor.
You may have had ideas about this career area, but most likely your mentor would present a different perspective. It does allow you new opportunities for growth to reach your professional goals.
The good news is that a career mentorship can be beneficial in so many ways. It could start with a fantastic elevator pitch and include a full evaluation of your professional skills. Your view to set goals may even change.
It is beneficial for you to strive to be a good mentee. Work to build on this mentor relationship and develop your own profession growth.
Keep this all of this in mind as you take the steps to find a career mentor and move forward to achieve your dream career.