A good coach is one who can help evaluate your own experience and leadership skills, focus on training, and develop the mindset to reach your goal. An evaluation is key to help you understand yourself and how it reflects in your desires. It is said to be non-directive. That is, the coaching program is set up with the coach more likely asking questions and giving the person being coached a chance to reflect and provide their responses.
Based on this discussion, the person may have a better view of steps they should take to advance in the direction they desire.
WHEN TO USE A COACH
The best time to use an effective coach is when you want assistance to:
- Provide guidance to address your specific personal development or career development.
- Prioritize areas for improvement.
- Separate the steps required for you to meet your career goals by breaking them down in phases.
- Work with you to develop your full potential.
- Develop different ways to improve specific skills.
- Ensure the coaching relationship maintains its direction to reach the desired outcomes.
AVAILABLE COACHING SERVICES
Several organizations are available to help you numerous ways as career coaches, life coaches, or many other categories. Here are several that have made a name for themselves with their coaching program.
You know you want out, but not sure where to go next? Where will you feel comfortable in that role?
Discover which careers fit your personality strengths at work. Discover which jobs fit you best.
Take a FREE career assessment test.
- Answer 60 questions about you. There are no wrong answers.
- View your full work personality report online. Discover your work personality strengths and career list.
- Your careers are linked to videos, career research, and job openings near you. Discover how much money you can earn, what to expect, tips to get started, and who is hiring near you.
See if this career assessment test gives you the direction you need to take the next step toward your new career.
They provide resume preparation help through resume writing, LinkedIn optimization, and distributing your resume to recruiters.
Jobstars has packages available to help in several areas:
>Making a Career Change
>A La Carte Services for entry level through executive level professionals. Three different levels of service are available.