Career Redo connects individuals, who are interested in learning more about their desired career field, with people who have actually worked in that field. Our Clients get to ask questions directly to their Mentors during affordable one-hour sessions to gain more detailed knowledge of that field. These can take place over the telephone, videoconference such as Skype ™ or in some cases, in-person.
Career Redo desires to help people in their quest for the career that they love by providing information directly from experienced individuals who want to share their knowledge.
As a Client, you will likely gain insight in many areas of your desired career field. You may consider this the most valuable time spent in your quest for a new life.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding how Career Redo works. We hope these career FAQ provide the answers you are looking for. If not, please let us know.
clients' career faq
1. How do I find a Career Redo Mentor?
Browse our list of Mentors by career field from our list on our Home Page. Then decide on the Mentor you want to schedule by reading their biographies, viewing their photos and websites, if available.
2. What does it cost?
The price for most sessions range from $35 - $350 per hour.
3. How does the payment process work?
You pay your Mentor directly. Each Mentor is an independent contractor and is responsible for all services provided to you. They will send you an invoice prior to the session. See Career Change Mentor Program - Reservation Rules and Requirements section Part A, B, and C, regarding cancelled sessions.
4. How are the mentoring sessions held?
You have three (3) possibilities to communicate with your Mentor.
- Telephone by way of mobile phone, landline or voice-only Skype.
- Videoconference by way of Skype, FaceTime (for Apple users) or any other method agreed to by the parties.
- On-site in-person meetings at a selection determined by the Mentor and Client. This could include the Mentor’s place of business. This would most likely apply to certain applicable situations.
Upon selection by you, your Mentor will contact you by email to arrange an agreeable date/time and method of communication for your session.
5. Are the Career Redo Mentors reputable?
Career Redo takes care in the selection of our Mentors. Each Mentor will have at least three years experience in their career field before they are allowed to join Career Redo. Careful research of their work history and online presence are done before they can join. You can count on each one.
6. What steps do I need to take to schedule a Career Redo Mentor?
All you need to do is the following:
View the page of the Mentor you selected to review her/his background and experience.
- Click the green “Reserve a Mentor” button which will take you to a “Mentor Reservation” form on a new page.
- Fill in the form and be sure to select your Mentor by name on the drop down list.
it in and the Mentor will contact within 72 hours to communicate with
you by email on the best date and time for your session.
7. Will Career Redo need my email, phone number or Skype address?
Only your email address is required by Career Redo to be shared with your Mentor to begin the process. It is up to you to determine what information, such as your telephone number, Skype ID or FaceTime address, that you share with your Mentor.
The More You Know - The Better You Understand
8. Is it best for me to prepare a list of questions for my mentoring session?
Absolutely, you should prepare questions. There are probably many things you want to cover. The Mentor will have general information that will be passed along to you. But only you can direct the discussion to ensure your time is well spent. Best to be prepared and get a great deal out of your session.
9. Is this mentoring session like life coaching, executive coaching or career coaching?
No way. Career Redo Mentors will convey to you the overview and details of the career field in which you are interested. They have seen people fail and people success. Your time with them should focus on the elements of that field. They are not there to provide life guidance like a career or life coach. Those type coaches don’t really know the details of your desired career. This item in our career faq can be useful.
10. How is it handled if I am late for a session or my Mentor is late?
If you are going to be late, you should let your Mentor know ahead of time. A few minutes tardiness could probably be handled by the Mentor. It is up to the Mentor in that instance. Both parties should use good sense and be accommodating. Any Cancellation Fees for you or a Mentor cancelling a session are set forth on our Career Change Mentor page under Career Change Mentor Program Reservation Rules and Requirements section.
11. Can I continue to use Career Redo to communicate with my Mentor after my initial session or two?
Yes, indeed. Should you desire addition time with your Mentor, please contact Career Redo through the Mentor Reservation Form or our Contact Us page. We want your relationship with your Mentor to flourish.
12. Do you have specific system requirements to use Career Redo?
- When using your personal mobile phone, you may use its speakers and the Skype app.
- For use with your computer, Skype can utilize its microphone and speakers.
- Most commonly used browsers will work fine with Career Redo. It is best to keep them updated to the latest version. Should you have any difficulty, please contact us.
We Want To Inform You
13. What steps do I need to take if I am not a high-tech person?
suggest that you select a phone session with landline or mobile phone.
Other options available are a Skype session using the voice only
method. You may also choose to utilize the videoconference method using
Skype, FaceTime or other services. After your initial contact with your
Mentor, you can discuss to determine the method with which you are most
comfortable. You can download Skype right here.
14. Can I provide feedback to Career Redo on the performance of my Mentor?
Yes, you can. In fact, we encourage comments and feedback regarding your Mentor and your experience on Career Redo.
15. What other questions do you have that we may add to the Clients’ Career FAQ?
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.