Career Redo Success Club
Career Change Challenges,
, Become A Retail Buyer With A Mentor
January 15, 2023 - Issue #0049
Talk with your own Mentor(s) to quickly learn more about your desired career. It may save time and money through a concentrated learning process. Avoid the mistakes of others. Try multiple Mentors or multiple careers to allow you to focus in quickly on your own dream career.
“Your Mentor + Quality Insight = Dream Career”
If you like this newsletter, please do a friend and me a big favor and “pay it forward.”
If a friend DID forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting…
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Retail Buyer Career Path: Options
- Video: A Day In The Life - Retail Buyer
- Marcus Walker - Retail Buyer
- Ask The Editor
Retail Buyer Career Path: Options
Should you be looking to see what the path is for a retail buyer, then this is the right place as provided by zippier.com.
They provide a great diagram of the potential career paths for a buyer. I will present them here in a listing format.
- Retail Buyer: Buyer > Store Manager > Store Director
- Retail Buyer: Buyer > Manager > Store Manager > Multi-Unit Manager
- Retail Buyer: Buyer > Purchasing Manager > Category Manager
- Retail Buyer: Buyer > Product Manager > Brand Manager > Senior Brand Manager
- Retail Buyer: Buyer > Project Manager > Purchasing Manager > Senior Purchasing Manager
The average salary of retail buyers in America is $52,720 per year. The top 10 percent make over $72,000 per year.
The greatest number of jobs are in order: California, Florida, and Texas.
See the entire article here.
A Day In The Life - Retail Buyer
Do you want to understand what it involved in being a retail buyer? This video helps to provide a start in learning about the process.
Retail buyers purchase products for resale to consumers. Their primary goals are:
- Buy products their company can sell at a profit.
- Increase their company’s customer base.
A challenging part of the job is predicting which items will become popular.
Find all of the details by viewing the video. The video is 1:48 minutes long.
See his video here.
Marcus Walker - Retail Buyer
Marcus Walker has over 25 years of experience working, supervising and managing retail operations of varying sizes and scopes. His goal is to become a retail executive and mentor to provide clearer paths for newer retail professionals. With this clearer path forward, Marcus hopes to remove the negative stigma of retail being a dead-end career.
As a retail supervisor and manager, Marcus has had various responsibilities and accomplishments:
- Responsible for several new location openings and the subsequent need to drive new sales and traffic into these locations.
- Has supervised and managed staff levels as high as 25 employees.
- The locations that he has held management positions have sales in the range of $100-$200M annually.
- He was able to drive sales in a key department from a projection of $3M to over $10M in 6 months. This effort led to a strong increase in foot traffic with the main building also driving store
annual sales projection upward.
See more about Marcus here.
Ask The Editor
Here we are again. I would love to help you get the answers you need in your career change process. Please feel free to contact me with your questions or comments. Mention that your question comes from our newsletter section and I will place the response in this section for all of our readers.
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? I’d love to hear back from you. Just reply to this newsletter and tell me what you think!
May the wind be at your back! If not, then persevere! Show Grit!
All the Best,
P.S. Don’t forget to visit my Pinterest page , my Facebook page and my LinkedIn page for insightful ideas on your own career change.